• Fees
    Fees and Finance
    You do not have to pay for a course upfront. You are entitled to receive a loan to pay the fee which you only start to repay once you have left university and are earning over £21,000 per year..

Fees and Finance

All courses cost £7500 per year unless stated otherwise.
No matter what the fees are for your chosen course, it is important to remember that you will not pay anything up front for your tuition. Every new UK student is entitled to a Tuition Fee Loan to cover the costs of their education, and you will only start to begin repaying the loan after graduation once you are earning over £21,000.
You apply for this support through the central loans company for your country no matter which university you choose to study at, so for example, an English student will apply through Student Finance England. The arrangements do vary according to your country of residence, and you can find more information on the relevant website:


​You are also entitled to a Maintenance Loan to help towards the cost of living while you study. Depending on your household income (so usually how much your parents/carers or partner earn) you may also be entitled to a Maintenance Grant (which you would not need to repay). Both the loan and grant are dependent on your household income and whether you are moving away from home to study (see the table below for more information). Your eligibility for both loans and grants will be considered when you make your application for student finance.

The figures here are for English students starting in 2014, and may vary if you come from another country in the UK. All figures indicated are per year:
Household income
Maintenance loan
£25,000 or less
£62,180 or above

Your application for student finance should be made according to the country you live in. These instructions are for English students, though the process is very similar for all countries in the UK.

  1. Create your online application at gov.uk/studentfinance and use the Student Finance Calculator to check what you are entitled to. The application system is open from February each year. You should apply as soon as possible so you can be fully assessed for financial support. You do not need a confirmed place at university in order to apply. Before you start your application, make sure you have:
    • The course details of your first choice course (you can change this later if necessary)
    • Details of the University you have applied to
    • Your passport or birth certificate
    • National Insurance Number
    • Your bank details.

  2. You will be issued with a separate customer reference number which your parents will then use to log on and complete details of their income.

  3. Student Finance England may contact you or your parents to request copies of any further financial evidence they require.

  4. Applications will usually take 4-6 weeks to process. You can track the progress of your application by logging back in.

  5. You will be sent a student finance entitlement letter which will set out exactly what support you can receive. You should sign and return the declaration form.

  6. Any support you are entitled to will be paid to you once you have arrived at university and shown your student finance entitlement letter to the staff at enrolment.

Deadline: The deadline for Student Finance England full-time applications is approaching. It’s important that students apply for support before the deadline. Students, who don't apply before the deadline dates, might not get their money in time for the start of their course.

The deadline for continuing students is 30 June 2017 .
Why not check out this helpful guide to Student Finance provided by the Student Room

You can find the tuition fees for our Postgraduate courses in the table below:

Postgraduate Fee
Teacher Training CertEd pre-service
Teacher Training PGCE pre-service
​Teacher Training PGDE pre-service

Teacher Training CertEd in-service
Teacher Training PGCE in-service
​Teacher Training PGDE in-service
If you are studying for a postgraduate qualification at University Campus Oldham, there are options available to help you fund your studies.

Find out more about by calling our Admissions Team on 0161 344 8800 or emailing info@uco.oldham.ac.uk

As a mature student you are entitled to the same Tuition Fee Loan and Maintenance Loan or Grant as any other student. You may also be entitled to additional support to help with the additional responsibilities you might have. Student Finance England offer a Childcare Grant (CCG), Parents’ Learning Allowance (PLA) and Adult Dependants’ Grant (ADG). Your eligibility, and the amount you are entitled to, depends on your individual situation. Once you submit your finance support application, the student loans company will assess your eligibility for this support, and may request some additional information from you. You can find out more from their quick guide to Dependants’ Grants.

A Special Support Grant (SSG) is available for students who can claim income-related benefits. The amount you are entitled to is dependent on your situation and will be assessed as part of your application. The grant replaces the maintenance grant for qualifying students.

Depending on your needs, you may be entitled to a Disabled Students’ Allowance (DSA). We can provide you with support in completing your application for the DSA which is provided by the government, and does not need to be repaid. The allowance is not dependent on your income, only your needs, and is paid on top of your other student finance support. It is available to all students including part-time and mature applicants. You can find out more information on the government website for the DSA.


You will only start to repay your tuition and maintenance loan after you have left higher education and your annual income is at least £21,000. You will only start repaying in the April after you leave higher education, even if you already earn over £21,000. Repayments will be 9% of income above £21,000, so the amount repaid each month will depend on what you earn.

For example someone earning £21,500 – currently the salary of a newly-qualified teacher – would initially make repayments of just £4 per month.
Annual salary
Repayment per month
Repayment per day

These amounts will be deducted automatically from your pay through the tax system if you're in employment, and if for any reason your income falls below £21,000 your repayments will be suspended. Separate arrangements will be made if you are self-employed, move overseas or are retired.
What's more, there will be no charge for graduates repaying their loan early.

Caring for Children is expensive. However, we don’t think this should prevent you from going into higher education, especially as there are a number of schemes that could help.

Student Finance England offer a Childcare Grant (CCG) and Parents’ Learning Allowance (PLA). Your eligibility, and the amount you are entitled to, depends on your individual situation. Once you submit your finance support application, the student loans company will assess your eligibility for this support, and may request some additional information from you. You can find out more from their quick guide to Dependants’ Grants.